Hello from the north of Scotland, welcome to another fantastic Blog Hop + Giveaway filled with ideas and inspiration showcasing the newest papercraft supplies by Honey Bee Stamps!
Due to a delay with my Honey Bee parcel, the adorable Melissa Hewitt sent me printable files and I chose to work with the images fromthe new Cosmos stamp setas they were perfect for this mission.
This is a C6 card.
I printed the images on smooth cardstock and I added colours with Copic markers. I fussy cut the images using scissors.
I’m new to Copic markers and I do not consider myself an expert colourist but I realised that might be helpful to explain how I colour the images.
I defo have to make a video on this ASAP so you will see how easy you can achieve a colouring effect without knowing how to use markers at all.. just like I do.. lol.
Colouring step by step:
1. I applied 2 colours from the same colour family in flicking motion from the centre of the flowers towards the edges of the flowers. Then I applied the same colours in flicking motion from the edge of the petal towards the centre of the flowers living a blank space in the middle.
2. Using a pink marker I added a few lines here and there and “in flicking motion” from the center of the flower towards the edges and I did the same with a dark yellow marker and with a peach marker as well.
3. To add a bit of contrast I used a light brown marker around the centre of the flower but I didn’t cover the whole colour I applied before in the area… I just drew a very thin halo or kind of halo around the flower centre.
3. I grabbed my blender pen and I applied all over.. blending the ink colours and smoothing the colour seems.
4. I used a light grey marker to add shadows here and there and in “flicking motion” and voila.
This was easy peasy and quick but I spoiled a few flowers (2 to be exact ) before knowing what to do and which shades I could use.
Then I die cut a panel using the larger die in A2 Double Stitched Frames die set and I placed a stencilby Tonic Studios over it. I sprayed it with water and I sprinkled with Solar Flare Nuvo Shimer Powder. I blew up the powder to spread it on the paper more evenly.
Using dimentionals I stuck the flowers on the panel.
I love the shimmer of this powder and the stencilled pattern although it is very hard to capture that shimmer in the pictures.
With the help of a stamping platform, I stamped the sentiment using Simon Says Stamp Black ink. I love this ink to stamp detailed images and sentiments as it is a bit thick, juicy, very dark and the lines look clean and sharp regardless of how thin they are.. This ink it is just perfect to avoid splotchy or irregular edges on your stamped images.
I also used a couple of Nuvo glitter markers to add accents on the centre of the flowers and over the leaves and I embellish with Summer Sun Confetti Mix.
I used a prescore C6 card base and I embossed the front panel using Tim Holtz Sixxiz Lumber 3D Embossing Folder.
I think the embossed card base add a nice decorative element to the card.
New releases and fresh ideas so please hop alone to see what everyone is making…
- Honey Bee Stamps
- Nichol Spohr
- Wanda Guess
- Leanne West
- Carrie Bryant
- Bibi Cameron You are here>>>>>>
- Emily Midgett
- Brenda Noelke
- Kaja Vezensek
- Melissa Bickford
- Honey Bee Stamps is giving away 2 x $50 USD gift certificates. For a chance to win leave a comment on each stop in the hop.
- Winners will be announced on Honey Bee Stamps Blog Here on August 10th.
That’s all for today! I hope you like the card and thank in advance for your kind comments.
Many hugs and happy crafting
I have listed some of the main supplies used … when you buy through the links below I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.