Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well. I wanted to stop by to share a card I made using Beautiful Blossom Embossing Folder by Tonic Studios.
This was released a couple of months ago. and you will find loads of nice projects and inspiration using this embossing folder over the internet but this time I was inspired by Catherine Callery to give it a go.
Catherine doesn’t have a blog to link here and she is not a designer etc… She crafts as therapy and her enthusiasm is contagious… She is adorable! We chat from time to time over Facebook and I had the chance to meet her last January in a Tonic’s workshop!
How I did it
- I embossed a piece of watercolour paper using the Beautiful Blossom Embossing Folder by Tonic Studios
- To do this, I used my Tangerine Die Cutting Machine, the Magenta Embossing Plate and the Orange plate.
- Then, I coloured the images using Nuvo Watercolour Pencils and Nuvo Aqua flow Pens.
- I avoid applying colour over the raised image on the paper.. this was easy as this is large florals.
- Once the colouring was done I applied Nuvo Glitter gloss to add sparkle and I splattered the panel using the ink of lilac and a black Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens.
- To finish, I added white and black dots over the images. I used fine tip paint markers to do this
- I embellished with sequins.
- For better results, I applied various washes of colours.. this also helps to build up the colour.
- I applied a tiny drop of ink from the Nuvo Aqua Flow Pen on the base of each petal and I spread and blend the colour with a water brush.
- Once the Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens wash was dry, I applied watercolour pencils over. I tried to give shape and texture to the images by drawing lines and using brown and purple watercolour pencils to add darker areas too.
- When blending colours the water brush gets inky so itis good to keep cleaning it using a paper towel to avoid moody images and also to get degradation of colour.
Tonic also has similar embossing folders available in the UK shop with affordable worldwide delivery.
Those patterns are beautiful and you don’t really don’t need to do any colouring if you want. These will make very beautiful subtle backgrounds for any occasion cards.
That’s all for today.
Any questions? please ask. 🙂
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.